Monday, June 13, 2011

Today I Rest...

Today I rest. Which is not an easy choice for a person who often equates rest with laziness. But, I have to admit it feels really good to give myself permission to relax after a busy month of fun and excitement. I rest not out of complaint, but joy. Not exhaustion, but gratitude. Resting to regenerate and rejuvenate. Resting to get up and go. Resting to awaken my life once more. Resting so I may have energy to move my life in the direction of my dreams.

I believe there are many different kinds of exhaustion, but most can be broken down into two categories: Exhaustion from love and exhaustion from fear. I have spent the last month moving forward in the name of love. Which has in many ways been self sustaining. My love and excitement for what I have been doing has refueled my battery to charge on. And, now I have come to the point of reflection and assessment. It feels right. It feels like contentment and love to allow my energy to flow in the beauty of the moment.

I have found that being present to what my body and my soul need does not entail effort, only awareness and action. I now see I can be brave enough to let all things go, so I can see the peace in both in my passions and my commitments. Stress begets stress. Peace begets peace. Both serve an ultimate purpose of preserving and protecting our lives so we may experience the glory within and around us. Too often I choose the cycle of stress in the name of righteousness. In the name of martyrdom - so that I might be recognized for my effort. How silly.

Imagine a world where we desire recognition for our peace and the output of love emanating from our soul. What a place that would be. I am certain yellow M&M's would flow endlessly in a world like that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm coming down off the wheel of stress I have been on of late. We are taking Morgan on her first camping trip this weekend, and I want nothing more than relaxation and rejuvenation. I will be thinking about this post as I search for my peace ... in the woods.

    ReplyDelete